How to purchase Rugby World Cup 2019 tickets?
The 2019 Rugby World Cup will be the ninth Rugby World Cup, and is to be held in Japan from 20 September to 2 November. The opening match of the Rugby World Cup 2019 live on Friday, September 20 as nations from all across the globe compete for the William Webb Ellis Trophy in Japan. Fans wishing to attend Asia’s first RWC will have another opportunity to secure Rugby World Cup 2019 tickets during the second general ticket sales phase, which opens at 18:00 JST on Saturday, 18 May.
The opening stage of the competition sees 20 teams attempt to battle their way out of four Pools – A, B, C and D. Each Pool contains five teams and only two can advance into the knockout rounds.
England’s Pool is particularly tricky having been drawn in C with Argentina and France. It means one of rugby’s ‘big fish’ will suffer the ignominy of going home early. Three things you need to do to apply for and purchase tickets:
- Go to Rugby World Cup 2019 Official ticketing website register and purchase tickets from this website.
- You need to create and register an account to purchase tickets.
- Log in using the registered account to apply for and purchase tickets.
How to create and register an account to purchase tickets?
You will need to create and register your account in order to purchase tickets. Create your ticket account now to receive the latest RWC 2019 ticketing information. Second General Ticket Sales (First Come First Served) has ended. Third General Ticket Sales (First Come First Served) will start 18:00 on Saturday, 18 May 2019 (JST). The Official Resale Service is scheduled to start on Friday 31 May! If you are a new user, you have to follow four steps to do that these are:
- STEP1: Input your contact details (name, address, date of birth, email address, etc).
*Please be reminded that all information is mandatory except your ‘Title’, irrelevant fields in the address section (if any), and the second telephone number.
*It only takes a few minutes or so to join the Front Row. You can join now and come back to this page to finish your account registration.
*This is optional. Please note that only participating teams are listed, and teams will be added as they qualify. Selecting the team you support does not affect the result of your ballot application.
- STEP2: After submitting your personal details, check your email inbox for a New Account Activation email. If you cannot find the “New Account Activation” email, please check the email address that you have provided, your spam folder, and your mail rejection settings. The address you will have received the email from is ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line ‘New Account Activation’. If you still cannot find it, please submit a request to resend the New Account Activation email as follows: 1. Please check your email settings so you can receive emails from ‘email@example.com’ .2. Select ‘Password Recovery/Activation email’ from the menu bar at the top of RWCL 2019 Official Ticketing site.
- STEP3: Activate your account. Click on the ‘Activate My Account’ button. This is a link to the log in page to enable you to activate your account by logging in.
*Check that your account is activated. You will see a message saying that your account has been activated.
- STEP4: Try logging in!
How to purchase Rugby World Cup 2019 tickets?
If you already complete Rugby World Cup 2019 tickets account registration, you have to follow four steps to purchase tickets these are:
- STEP1 Login: Enter your registered email address and password and click ‘ I’m not a robot’ and ‘Login’.
Please read the rules on purchasing tickets carefully before you move on, then click ‘Next’.
- STEP2 Select tickets: You will be able to filter the list by Date/Team/Venue. Click on Reset to go back to the whole list again. If you find the match that you want to go to, click on ‘Select this Match’.
You can select and change the quantity by clicking on the minus (-) and plus (+) symbols. When you finish selecting the categories and quantities, click on ‘Add to Basket’. *You can purchase up to 6 tickets per match. You can purchase tickets in one or more categories as long as the number of tickets per match does not exceed 6 in total.
If you want to purchase more tickets, click on ‘Add Tickets’ and repeat the above procedures. If you are happy with what you have selected, move on to the payment process. If you want to cancel everything that you selected, click on ‘Clear Basket’. If you want to remove one or more matches you selected from your application, click on ‘Remove’ under ‘Actions’ on the far right side of/under the list. If you want to change the category and/or quantity, you need to ‘Remove’ the match once and repeat the match selection process.
- STEP3 Finalise your payment: The address you registered in your account will be used as the delivery address. It is important that all information including your country selection are correct. To change your country selection and/or address, click on ‘Update’. If you want printed-tickets delivered to your postal address, select ‘POST’. If you wish to use your smartphone for entry, select ‘E-TICKET’. *If you puchased Premium Seat tickets, you need to select ‘POST’. Please select from either not making a donation or one of the three donation amounts.
Select the payment method. Tick the ‘I agree with the Ticketing Terms and Condition’ box and click ‘Make Payment’ button.
Credit Card Payment:
The credit card company may ask for your personal authentication. Please have your registered password ready and click on the ‘Make Payment’ button.
If you repeatedly come back to seeing the same “Please restart the payment process” message, you are asked to contact your credit card company. If such is the case, please tell them that it is about a transaction on the Rugby World Cup 2019 official ticketing site, as well as on details on the payment including the date and time when it happened, what you were trying to purchase and the amount.
When you choose Masterpass™ as your payment method, you will be directed to the Masterpass™ site. Once you finish entering required information on the Masterpass™ site, you will be back on the official ticketing site. Please do not forget to click the ‘Confirm Payment’ button.
- STEP4 Comfirm your ticket purchase: Once you complete the payment procedure, you will receive the ‘Payment Confirmation’ message at your registered email address. You can also check your payment status on the ‘My Applications’ page.